Monday, February 2, 2009

My Shadow

I don't know what it is, but my girls hate when I go anywhere without them. When Kaitlen was little she would cry if I stepped outside to check the mail or take the trash can to the curb. John always teases me that I need to get a part time job to help with their separation issues. Now that Kaitlen is older she understands that I'm coming back and there is no need to get all worked up about it. However Miss Payten is 10X worse then Katie ever was. She follows me everywhere I go, I can't even make dinner without her sitting in her chair right next to me by the stove. Maybe John is right and I need a part time job. BUT I love being home with our babies, I would give up any amount of money to be home with them and to have the bond that I have we our girls.




Payten sitting in her chair, while I was making cinnamon rolls. She is VERY dirty from playing outside ALL day long. I usually give her crayons or play dough to play with when I'm cooking.


Making rolls, with her help!


Payten loves cinnamon rolls, she didn't want to wait until they were cooked. She grabbed it off the cookie sheet. I figured she couldn't get to sick from raw dough!!

6 comments:

Liz said...

She is so cute! I love how it takes her a while to recognize all of us when we get together. Like last night she was all shy and sat on daddy's lap. Then all of a sudden it's like a light bulb comes on, "OH I KNOW HER THAT'S GRANDMA! I LIKE HER!" , she looked at me and jumps off of John's lap and runs as fast as her little legs will carry her straight to me. Throws her arms around me and just lays her head on my shoulders. Then she's fine the rest of the night. It's so funny cause she does that EVERY time she see's me.
But she does stick to you like glue! Then when John comes home she clings to him and still follows you around. She is happiest when both of you are right next to each other...she's like a little momma she has to have all her ducks in a row!

Jessica Caldwell said...

That is true, I think thats why its so much harder when he isnt home. At least when he is home he takes care of her so I can at least pee in peace. I LOVE how she takes awhile to reconize you it's so funny. Then she wont leave you alone for the rest of the night.

Crystal Eldredge said...

She is such a tiny little thing! I love how cute she is! When her and jayden hang out i think of us as little girls. me being bossy and you being all cute and innocent!

Jessica Caldwell said...

Jayden is a sweet girl I love that they are so close in age, thats going to be a lot of fun for them when they are older.

Cody and Danica said...

Jessica ca ca....i still remember that too. In fact, I told Cody about it not too long ago because someone we met had the name Jessica and I started singing it. Absolutely hilarious.

Girl little girl. I was going to make cinnamon rolls but then I sat down and waited for that feeling to go away. haha.

Jessica Caldwell said...

I have a husband whose Mom and Grandma owned a bakery so he thinks he needs something homemade a couple times a year!!