Monday, February 2, 2009

Secret

Yesterday as we all know was the 'BIG GAME' John and I went over to Mandy and John's home to party and of course watched our Cards win. After our disappointment we were getting ready to leave and I asked John if he had 'THE BINKY' and of course he didn't. After many attempts to find the stupid thing we gave up. We said goodnight and drove home with our sad sack forgetting that the only other binky we have is in our car that John had left at work because the brakes are getting pretty scary!! As the night went on our little Payten kept on saying Binky, we knew that the only way she would fall asleep was from pure exhaustion. So finally at midnight she cried her self to sleep, at 3 A.M. she woke up and was refusing to go back down without her binky. I tried giving her a bottle that didn't work I sang to her, I walked around the house finally she fell asleep in our bed around 5:30. 40minutes later I hear my alarm, CRAP I have to get up to get Kaitlen ready for school. I woke up John and in my sleepiest girl voice said honey I have been up with Payten all night do you think you can get Kaitlen ready for school? Sure he says, about 45 minutes later I hear him come back to bed. The worry wart that I am was having a hard time not knowing if she remembered everything so I asked him . "Did you remember her sweater? yes Jess. Her lunch did you pack her one? yes Jess. Did you find her HW? yes Jess. After several minutes of my interrogation I remember one more very important question um John honey did you comb her hair? He rolled over and looked at me and said oh my gosh NO I forgot. I thought that he was pulling my leg, I mean come on the girl has hair to her butt how could you forget. I said John I'm tired don't play around, he had the guiltiest look on his face Jess hon I promise I forgot to comb her hair. I was mortified, I have never not once forgotten to comb that little girls hair for school, some mornings breakfast may have been questionable but never never never has she gone to school looking homeless. I worried all day wondering what she would look like when she got off the bus and hoping that nobody teased her. To my surprise her hair didn't look all that bad, when we were walking home I asked her how she liked Daddy in the morning she said oh it was good. I then asked her if he comb her hair, I wish you could have been there she had the funniest look on her face, like I went to school and my hair wasn't comb. She kept on saying I cant believe Daddy forgot to comb my hair, then she made me promise to never tell anyone that her Daddy didn't comb her hair for school. "It's our secret OK Mom, don't ever tell anyone." So here I am publishing her Secret for you all, after all was said and done I have laughed pretty hard over it.

6 comments:

Liz said...

That's funny! She hates her hair being combed so I thought maybe she would think it was cool that daddy forgot! It probably didn't look to bad because it got combed and combed the night before by me. I have to admit I was a little nervous about cutting her hair! Did anyone know that "Rapunzel" was missing three inches? I know she was worried about losing her nick name! LOL

Jessica Caldwell said...

She told her teacher that her Grandma cut her hair she told Kaitlen what a lucky girl to have a Grandam that can cut hair. But no one else noticed that Rapunzel got a hair cut.

Eldredge Family said...

I bet John felt bad! Hey he forgot because he does not have any hair to comb on his old head.

Rustino Scar said...

too cute! She totally has her dad's back. That is awesome!

Tamra and Jim said...

she sure has a good daddy to do all that for her. combed hair or not!

Sharron said...

Hey he could have put in poney tail or something, Jon would always tryt to make it special, and you know the rest ot THAT story!