Saturday, February 7, 2009

Good Bye


Well it's done the $485 Envoy payment is no longer our worry. I have to admit it was kinda sad to see it leave yesterday, maybe because John was in it. For those of you who don't know the story let me fill you in. When John and I got married we bought his EXs Envoy, what a hassle it has been. The car is still in her name so to get it tagged we have to deal with Montana, plus we have to DEAL with her over any other issue we have had with it. When it hit 100,000 miles and we still owed three years on it we knew that something had to change. John's parents asked us if they could buy it from us and we jumped on it. I mean the payment is only a few hundred dollars cheaper then our house each month. Also it has leather seats, which burn your booty in the summer time and 4 wheel drive that we have used once since leaving Montana. We can't use the sun roof because Payten gets ear infections if wind blows in her ears. So this week Carl, John's dad flew in so he and John could drive it back to Montana and John can see Haven for the week then he will fly home on the 14th. Now the stupid part of our grown up decision is we gave our only transportation away without having something new to drive. Why you wonder because we are waiting for our tax return to either buy something flat out or put a large down on something and have a super low payment. I guess the moral of my story is unless you plan on living in your car, you don't need to be driving a 30K car just so the kids and spill their Happy meal in the seats. I just pray we can find something reasonable to drive soon! In the mean time Amanda and John have loaned us there white car to drive! I love family they always help out.

4 comments:

Liz said...

You made the right choice and I know you did in part so you wouldn't have to decide between tithing or the car and because of that Heavenly Father will bless you of that I'm certain! Hope they make it there safe with the weather coming in and I hope Haven enjoys her daddy. I can't wait to see her at spring break!

Tamra and Jim said...

how nice to be out from under that payment. Cars are such a waste of money. I think we're finally learning that after 30 years!

Sharron said...

You will really enjoy having tht crazy payment off your necks! Right now is a good time to pick up cars that were turned for those using less gas. Good luck finding the right one!

Amen to Jim and Tamra's comment!

Eldredge Family said...

I am proud of you guys!